Two things satan........our enemy uses to steal our peace.
- 1. Satan uses circumstances, hardships, trials--he wants us to be fretful, anxious,hopeless and worry about everything. He uses storms in our life to derail us. But Jesus calms our storms. Matthew 8:23-26, " When Jesus got into a boat, his disciples followed him. Behold, a violent storm came up on the sea, so much that the boat was covered with the waves, but Jesus was asleep. They came to Jesus, and woke him up, saying, “Save us, Lord! We are drowning!” He said to them, “Why are you fearful, O you of little faith?” Then Jesus got up, rebuked the wind and the sea, and there was a great calm".
- 2. Satan uses people to steal our peace. When people hurt us, aggravate us, upset us, disappoint us, gossip about us, slander us; we became angry thus allowing satan to have control of our peace. The bible teaches us to guard our heart and don't let anything steal it. John 14:27, " Peace I leave with you. My peace I give to you; not as the world gives, give I to you. Don’t let your heart be troubled, neither let it be fearful".
Keys to living in the Peace of God
- 1. Know God's will for you to have peace. Jeremiah 29:11-13," For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says Yahweh, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you hope and a future. You shall call on me, and you shall go and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You shall seek me, and find me, when you shall search for me with all your heart".
- 2. You must be spiritually minded. It must be your goal to be lead by the Spirit of God. Romans 8:6, " For the mind of the flesh is death, but the mind of the Spirit is life and peace". We should allow the Spirit of God Almighty to regulate peace in our life. Galatians 5:22-26, "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faith, gentleness, and self-control. Against such things there is no law. Those who belong to Christ have crucified the flesh with its passions and lusts. If we live by the Spirit, let’s also walk by the Spirit. Let’s not become conceited, provoking one another, and envying one another".
- 3. Begin to develop a great faith dependency on the Lord. Your faith is in relation to the peace you have. Romans 15:13, " Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope, in the power of the Holy Spirit".
- 4. We must trust God for our provisions in life. Matthew 6:25-30, "Therefore I tell you, don’t be anxious for your life: what you will eat, or what you will drink; nor yet for your body, what you will wear. Isn’t life more than food, and the body more than clothing? See the birds of the sky, that they don’t sow, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns. Your heavenly Father feeds them. Aren’t you of much more value than they? Which of you, by being anxious, can add one moment to his lifespan? Why are you anxious about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow. They don’t toil, neither do they spin, yet I tell you that even Solomon in all his glory was not dressed like one of these. 30 But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today exists, and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, won’t he much more clothe you, you of little faith?
- 5. We have to learn to control our thoughts. Our thoughts relates to our peace. Don't allow negative thoughts control your peace. Isaiah 26:3-4, "You will keep whoever’s mind is steadfast in perfect peace, because he trusts in you. Trust in the LORD forever; for in the LORD, the LORD, is an everlasting Rock.
- 6. Begin to develop a powerful prayer life. Prayer brings peace. Pray about everything. Prayer is a place of abiding in Christ, of connecting with the Spirit who energizes us to love God (first commandment), which causes us to overflow in love for others (second commandment). John 15:5, "He who abides in Me…bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing".
- 7. Begin to obey God's Word. Read it and do ask it says. Get back to the basic of Christianity. The Word of God will fight our anxiety. The Word of God gives us wisdom, it teaches us why we should obey the Word of God. Proverbs 3:15-18, "She is more precious than rubies. None of the things you can desire are to be compared to her. Length of days is in her right hand. In her left hand are riches and honor. Her ways are ways of pleasantness. All her paths are peace. She is a tree of life to those who lay hold of her. Happy is everyone who retains her".
- 8. Begin to set your mind to walk in holiness and sanctification. The Word of God says in Leviticus 20:26, "You shall be holy to me; for I am holy, and have set you apart from the peoples, that you should be mine".
Let me add, Jesus was the only person who ever walked sinless and perfect upon this earth. We, as human being with flaws, are still trying to reach holiness and sanctification. When we fall down (sin) we get back up, ask for forgiveness and continue asking God to help us. Walking out our salvation is a daily process. Psalm 34:17-19, "The righteous cry, and Lord hears, and delivers them out of all their troubles. The Lord is near to those who have a broken heart, and saves those who have a crushed spirit. Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the Lord delivers him out of them all".
SHARING THE LOVE and forgiveness OF JESUS CHRIST WITH CANCER PATIENTS IN AMERICA AND AROUND THE WORLD.
John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.